||Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CSS
||You can access the webinar anytime
|Start instantly and learn at your own schedule & Get full lifetime access
Conference Materials (Password Required)
Claims denial is faced by almost all healthcare providers. You can regain your lost revenue by drafting a winning appeal letter. If you make the right corrective actions and decisions, you can regain the reimbursement you deserve. You should know the key components of winning appeal letter and include all those while preparing.
After rejection simply sending a balance bill to the payer along with an EOB does not work. You should send an appeal letter once after you analyze the major reasons for the denial.
Join expert Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS, to know the best practices for leveraging appeal templates She will demonstrate and explain each component in a winning template, why each argument is necessary and how to craft the arguments that drive a reviewer to a decision in your favor.
- Learn what constitutes a winning appeal letter template
- Learn to make the right decisions to improve your payment
- Understand the key components of a successful appeal letter
- Know common reasons for denial
- Understand federal and state guidelines
- Identify (Explanation of Benefit) EOB underpayment and down-coding
Areas Covered in the Session
- Strategies to improve your payment
- Key components of appeal letter
- State and federal supporting guidelines for successful appeal letter
- Common reasons for denial
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB) underpayments and down-coding
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Medical Assistants
- Practice Manager
- Office Managers
- CDI Specialists
- Collection Staff
- Front Desk
- IT Specialists
- HIPAA Privacy and Security officers.
- Compliance Officers
- Telemedicine System Vendors
- Patient Accounts Personnel
- Medical record supervisors
- Health Information Management Administrators and Technicians
- Other practitioners who may practice telemedicine (e.g., psychologists/substance abuse counselors)
About the Presenter
Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. A graduate of Wellesley College and Tufts University School of Medicine she has a varied background including clinical, billing, and coding. Dreama is President/CEO of Kelly, Sloan, and Associates, LLC and speaks at various seminars and webinars, imparting her knowledge in an upbeat, matter of fact, manner. Her goal is to provide the pertinent information to the attendee, minimize the nonsense, and make sure everyone has fun at the same time. Dreama works with practices one on one, through coding consulting. She offers in-services seminars that can be held on or off-site. Dreama has learned in most seminars you spend a whole day only getting 20% of what you need, and 80% you leave- she has made it her goal to carve out the 20% that you need and give you the take-home message that will help you and your practice.