Each year, the healthcare industry awaits the CMS Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule to have a blueprint of what to expect in regulatory changes, reimbursement modifications, and coding guidance. 2023 will usher in new regulations for telehealth delivery and direction on pathways post-public health emergency. In this session, you will analyze the key outcomes of the final rule to develop organizational strategies for incorporating these new findings into internal strategic plans.
During this webinar, expert Beth will review the payment provisions and other policies from the proposed rule. Topics include new payment rates for physicians and other healthcare services for 2023, changes to evaluation and management services, impact analyses on payment for physician practices, changes to Medicare telehealth policies, split (shared) billing, behavioral health, and others..
- Understand the new Rule
- Understand how 2023 will affect your practice
- Analyze the key outcomes of the final rule to develop organizational strategies
- Know what are proposed changes to telehealth reimbursement
Areas Covered in the Session
- Background on the Physician Fee Schedule
- CY 2023 Conversion Factor
- CY 2023 Medicare Economic Index
- Evaluation and Management Visits
- Telehealth Services
- Opioid Treatment Programs
- Comment period
- Revenue Cycle staff and managers
- Compliance Officers
- Billers/ Revenue Cycle Managers
- Claim Officers
- Healthcare administrators and providers
About the Presenter
Beth Schleeper, COC, CPC, CDEO, CPB, CPPM, CPCO, CPMA, CRC, CPC-I, CANPC, CEMC, CEMA has more than 25 years of experience in medical billing and coding. She owns and operates T&T Consulting Firm, a medical billing service, and Advanced Coding Services, a coding school using the AAPC curriculum. Mrs. Schleeper started her career as a front desk receptionist at an internal medicine physician practice and worked her way up to practice manager. She has experience in durable medical equipment, pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology, infertility, home health, PT and OT, and family practice. Schleeper has been Chapter President, Vice President, & Member Development, officer. She served on the AAPC National Board of Directors as Region 7 AAPC Chapter Association representative.